Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Back to the '90s!

I'm into a new semester at school, which means I've had to slow things down with the blog. It will probably be the end of the week before I get my next review posted. In the meantime, I wanted to share some YouTube playlists I've created that celebrate the punk rock of the '90s. It was in the '90s that I came to discover punk rock, and it was exciting to "come up" in the punk world when there were so amazing bands and labels out there. These playlists reflect what I was listening to and writing about in the mid-to-late '90s: mainly the '77 punk revival, garage-punk, street punk, and pop-punk. Through the magic of YouTube, I can again hear songs from two decades ago that I otherwise would have never heard again! It's fun to write about music, but it's even more fun to share that music with others directly. If you fondly remember the punk music of the '90s, these playlists will be an enjoyable trip back in time. And if '90s punk rock was a little before your time, you just might discover some great bands you were not aware of. There were a few bands that I wanted to include that I could not find on YouTube, but all in all I was able to dig up a whole lot of great stuff! Each playlist is devoted to a different year. There's one for 1996, one for 1997, and one for 1998. Enjoy, and let me know if there's anything I forgot!

 

-L.R.

No comments: